HOW MAGNESIUM HEALS YOUR MIND & BODY!
1. Better Sleep- The sleep regulating hormone melatonin is disturbed when Magnesium is deficient. Furthermore, it brings balance and controls stress hormones. Stress and tension are often reasons why people suffer from insomnia in the first place.
2. Relaxes the nervous system – Serotonin, which relaxes the nervous system and elevates mood, is dependent on Magnesium/
3. Bigger, stronger muscles – Magnesium heals the body to produce more insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1), which is a major contributor to the growth and strength of muscles. Furthermore, adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is the cell’s energy store and is created with the help from Magnesium.
4. Better flexibility – it loosens tight muscles. Without it, muscles do not relax properly and cramps occur. Magnesium heals and is important for flexibility, low Magnesium results in a build-up of lactic acid, causing pain and tightness.
5. Bone integrity and strength – it helps to fix calcium properly. It may blow some people’s mind that the calcium supplements they’re taking are not only useless but are actually contributing to osteoporosis! (more on that in another blog post) There are actually about 18 essential nutrients that contribute to bone health; Magnesium is definitely one of the most essential because it stimulates a particular hormone called calcitonin. And, it also suppresses a hormone called parathyroid that breaks down bone.
6. Remineralizes teeth – a deficiency causes an unhealthy balance of phosphorus and calcium in saliva, which damages teeth.
7. Alkalizes the body – it helps return the body’s pH balance. Magnesium reduces lactic acid, which is partly responsible for post-exercise pain (delayed onset muscle soreness).
8. Hydrates – Magnesium is a necessary electrolyte essential for proper hydration.
9. Helps to relieve constipation – Magnesium can be used to cleanse the bowels of toxins.
10. Enzyme function – Enzymes are protein molecules that stimulate every chemical reaction in the body. Magnesium is required to make hundreds of these enzymes work and assists with thousands of others.
11. Diabetes – Magnesium enhances insulin secretion, which facilitates sugar metabolism. Without Magnesium, glucose is not able to transfer into cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood, causing various types of tissue damage, including the nerves in the eyes.
There are many benefits of Magnesium: it helps prevent stroke, heart disease, period pain, and more.
Always consult your physician before taking any supplements, and eating a balanced diet is always recommended.
Join the Conversation!
Find out more: